The new coronavirus is spreading very fast in communities across the world, and it’s causing more and more victims every day. The best way to stop the spreading of the virus is to practice social distancing and to stay at home.
But what is this “social distancing” thing that everyone is talking about? It’s quite simple: if people who already have the virus stay inside and don’t get in contact with others, they won’t spread the disease. This way fewer people get infected, and doctors and hospitals are able to keep up and to treat those that are very sick and need intensive care.
What Should We Do?
The actions that all of us should be taking right now are:
– To go out only when it’s absolutely necessary and to avoid human contact as much as possible
– To always wear a mask in stores and other closed indoor spaces. N95 masks are the most recommended, but surgical or cloth masks are ok too
– To wash our hands thoroughly with water and soap and to use hand sanitizers as often as possible
– To not go to social events or places where large groups of people are gathering (such as restaurants, shops, malls, movie theaters, etc.)
– To not get in contact with friends and older relatives. Even if some people seem healthy, they may still carry the virus and spread it to others. Avoid home parties, barbeques or other types of gatherings
– To work from home as much as possible
– To not use public transportation. The ones to avoid the most are buses and subways, but taxis and ridesharing should be avoided as much as possible too
– When outside or in public places, try to keep a distance of at least 6 feet (2 meters) away from other people
The best way to think about it is “better to be safe than sorry”.
Can Kids Get Together With Friends?
Schools are now closed in most parts of the world, and that’s totally understandable. Even if they don’t get as sick from the coronavirus as adults, they can still spread the virus to parents, grandparents, and other members of the household.
Movie theaters and playgrounds are closed, concerts and sports events are also canceled, so does that mean that your children will not be able to see their friends or do anything fun anymore? The short answer is “no”, but keep on reading for some middle-ground solutions that will keep them safe, yet still entertained.
While the phrase itself is “social distancing”, it actually refers to “physical distancing”. This doesn’t mean that we can’t be social anymore, we just have to do it in different ways. The most common way to keep in touch with others (including for children) is through social media and video-call apps. Just make sure to limit their screen-time so they don’t overdo it.
But some people have found more creative ways of keeping communities together, while still at a distance. For example, they have created scavenger hunts where kids walk together with their parents through the neighborhood to find “treasures” hidden in windows or other places. This way the kids are not getting close to their friends, yet still have the feeling of playing a game together with them.
Also make sure to plan safe family activities, such as hiking or riding a bike through nature, where there are no other people (or very few). If you don’t have any nature nearby, walk on quiet streets and less known paths. Avoid parks and playgrounds.
Masks for Children
Wearing a quality mask is by far the best way to protect yourself from getting the virus and also to protect others from getting it from you. When it comes to children, the mask needs to fit their face perfectly, so not any mask will do the job. But luckily, our masks for children are back in store! Get yours today HERE – Kids Face Mask